Global 3, TF-VKA
Information from the designer
The design and construction of the aircraft took 5 years and more than 6000 working hours, from June 2003 to May 2008. Construction of individual parts started after one year of design work. Design and construction was then done hand in hand.
- Pilot and passenger sit in front of the wing to ensure good visibility.
- Two engines and two independent electrical systems.
- Range sufficient to travel between most countries of the world.
- Navigation equipment for ILS and GPS with a worldwide database and the possibility to fly ILS approaches even though equipment on the ground is out of order (WAAS).
- Systems simple so need for a check list is minimized.
- All electrical switches are on-off-on so it is possible to take power from right or left electrical system. That way you have reserve power for all electrical systems.
- Landing gear fixed.
- Propellers facing aft with fixed pitch and folding blades, which fold back in case of engine shut down.
- Two fuel tanks, one for each engine. It is possible to run each engine from either left or right fuel tank or transfer fuel between tanks.
Global 3 technical information
Item value Seats 3 Basic operating weight 1079 lbs Maximum gross weight 1770 lbs Stall speed 62 knots Cruising speed 115 knots Maximum speed 160 knots Climb rate 1100 ft/mín. Service ceiling 15.000 feet
I have not yet found a propeller manufacturer to make a propeller with folding blades. Present propellers are one piece fixed pitch, but the search for a manufacturer of folding propellers continues.